Applying for Winter Break unemployment
Most Lecturers are eligible

Most Lecturers are eligible for unemployment benefits during the Winter Break and you can apply for unemployment at the official end of the semester.  If you have a Contingent or Conditional contract (this encompasses most part-time and some full-time Lecturers), it is your right to claim unemployment under state law.

The CFA website contains detailed information about how to apply for unemployment benefits, the basis for eligibility for unemployment insurance, and what to do if your application for unemployment benefits is denied.  You can view the unemployment benefits information on the CFA website at this link:

We hope you have a happy and healthy Winter Break and look forward to seeing you in the new year.