Get in Touch
TA Presentation & Discussion (virtual via zoom)
Wednesday, February 7th – 4-5pm OR 5-6pm REGISTER HERE
Workshop – Lecturer Know Your Rights
Friday, February 9th – 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm REGISTER HERE
Workshop – Lecturer Range Elevation – invite only workshop
Monday, February 12, 2024 – 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm REGISTER HERE
Workshop – Lecturer 3 Year Evaluation – invite only workshop
Wednesday, February 14, 2024 – 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm REGISTER HERE
VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS – questions related to tentative agreement
Below is the Chapter roles of each of the CFA Fresno Executive Board, their department and contact information.
chapter vice president
Sign up for Headlines, weekly email updates on CFA news, bargaining updates, faculty rights, and contract news.
Become a Department Representative
CFA Department Representatives are the eyes and ears of CFA for their campus department.
They are responsible for letting their colleagues know what is happening in CFA with regard to bargaining, faculty rights, the state budget and other issues.
At the same time, Department Representatives let their chapter leadership know what issues are cropping up in departments. Department Representatives typically meet three times per semester. Occasionally, representatives are invited to report out to the chapter during their Executive Board meetings to ensure the campus-based leadership can assist with dealing with concerns.
See a vacancy in your department?
Would you like to become a CFA department representative? Simply fill in form below and we will be in touch.
Faculty Rights Advocates
CFA Fresno Chapter Faculty Rights Team
Paula Durette – Chair
Tomaro Scadding – Co-Chair
Terri Prall – CFA Staff
We are your faculty rights team and we are available to assist you with:
ADVICE – you can call or email us to get advice OR we can schedule an in person or virtual meeting with you to discuss your concerns. (If emailing us regarding an issue or concern that you wish to keep confidential, please use a non-csu email address)
- How to address concerns or issues informally, when possible
- Your contractual rights under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between CFA and CSU
- How to write effective rebuttals: evaluations, retention/tenure/promotion, reprimands
- How to file a grievance, if necessary, the process and what to expect
- Lecturer faculty appointment & entitlement rights
- Leaves: paid, unpaid, FMLA rights & what makes the most sense for your individual situation
REPRESENTATION – Contact us & we will assist you in scheduling a time that we can be there with you to provide representation
- If you are called in for a meeting with administrator(s)
- If you receive a notice of investigation
- If you file a grievance – we will provide representation at the level I meeting with administration
- If you are experiencing discrimination, retaliation or harassment based on your protected classification we can help you navigate the grievance process, represent you in the CSU discrimination investigation process and provide additional resources to assist you
WORKSHOPS & EVENTS – at least one of the Faculty rights advocates attends every campus meeting or event. Feel free to check in with us to schedule an individual meeting or ask advice. We are here to ensure that the rights provided by our contract are upheld and to help you navigate the process of enforcing those rights.Signup for Fresno State SQE