A union of 29,000 tenure-track faculty, coaches, librarians, and counselors, CFA is seeking candidates with a strong knowledge and background in racial and social justice work. Candidates who have relevant experience (formally or informally) and can translate that into the range of job responsibilities listed below are strongly encouraged to apply.
CFA is proud to be a member-run union and believes in employing hard-working and creative staff whose talents complement those of our elected leadership.
CFA is an Affirmative Action Employer. Women, People of Color/Native People, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CFA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
If nothing posted below, CFA currently does not have any staff vacancies.
Government Relations Administrative Assistant
CFA is seeking a full-time Government Relations Administrative Assistant to assist in policy analysis and support the work of CFA’s Government Relations team. This is an entry level position that reports to the Director of Government Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Identifying, researching, tracking, analyzing and reporting on legislative issues and activities impacting public higher education and the labor movement;
- Communicating legislative positions by drafting and distributing position letters;
- Assisting in departmental scheduling and administration, including maintaining department calendar, schedule and task lists; processing travel expenses, and check requests;
- Maintaining paper and electronic department and committee records, including copying meeting materials, taking minutes, and maintaining files and lists;
- Proofing and editing memoranda, letters, and other written documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with modest supervision;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to explain complex policy issues in a simple way;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence, format and proofread materials;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and build a strong professional network;
- Strong commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- 0-2 years of experience; this is an entry level position.
- Familiarity with or desire to learn about the California legislative and budget process.
- Valid driver’s license, an automobile for business use, and proof of minimum insurance coverage.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Salary/Benefits/Location: CFA offers a fully paid benefit package including medical, dental, vision, SEIU defined benefit pension plan, and generous paid leave. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement; salary range is $62,201.35 – $83,175.41 commensurate with experience.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.