As the Fall 2020 term winds down and we look ahead toward another atypical term of teaching, coaching, and counseling in times of COVID-19, now is an appropriate time to review the Faculty Rights Tips we have offered over the last few months. Most are standard tips about the rights and protections that comprise our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), while others are specific to the historical moment we are living through, where COVID-19 has changed the quality of our working lives and where the federal government has expressed hostility to academic freedom. Even in uncertain times, our CBA remains a strong and vital tool in the protection of our rights, and in our pursuit of respect and justice.
The following links will take you to our Fall 2020 Faculty Rights Tips:
- “Get Acquainted with Your Evaluation Criteria & Procedures, and Your Coronavirus-Related Specific Campus Agreements,” found here.
- “Personal Holiday,” found here.
- “Lecturer Preference for Work at the Start of the Academic Year, with COVID-19-related Entitlement Protections,” found here.
- “What to Do When You Want to Report Discrimination, Harassment, or Retaliation,” found here.
- “I Need a Union Rep!” found here.
- “What’s in Your PAF?” found here.
- “Range Elevation for Lecturer Faculty – It Pays to Apply!” found here.
- “Our Right to Academic Freedom,” found here.
- “How Will the CSU Respond to Gendered Workload Inequalities in Spring 2021?” found here.
- “How to Read the Litigation Hold Messages to Faculty,” found here.
- “Writing Rebuttals to Evaluations,” found here.
- “Sabbatical Leaves,” found here.
- “Grievance Filing,” found here.
Want to learn more? Become active with your local CFA chapter Faculty Rights team. Find your representative here.
- Browse the faculty contract.
- See an archive of Faculty Rights Tips.
- If you have questions about a faculty rights tip or would like to suggest a tip, please write us with the subject line “Faculty Rights Tip.”