CFA Social Media Community Guidelines
Our goal is to maintain a space where our members, students, and allies, can share information and ideas to build stronger advocacy for union members, students, public higher education, and anti-racism and social justice in our communities.
We will learn
We are lifelong learners and acknowledge there is always more to discover. We are committed to anti-racism and social justice, and encourage interruptions to correct hidden biases. We strive to be effective allies and accomplices and understand that may be uncomfortable or even painful.
We will listen
We recognize that we all come from different points in our learning. We seek to engage in ways that speak truth and honesty with clarity, respect, and directness. We will educate, guide, and mobilize, not shame and belittle.
We will tell our stories
Stories can make abstract laws and hidden biases tangible and real, and they encourage self-reflection. Everyone has a story that deserves and needs to be told; it is especially crucial to amplify and center stories of historically marginalized people.
CFA Community Agreement
You are part of the CFA community. We encourage engagement that:
- Bolsters positive dialogue with RESPECT.
- Shares stories and offers opinions without insulting individuals or organizations.
To ensure a positive and constructive experience for all users of CFA’s social media, we will not allow comments that:
- Use foul, discriminatory, libelous, or threatening language, or use racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable or harassing language against any individual, union, or other organization.
- Disrupt normal on-topic conversation, including messages that spread misinformation and are designed to provoke an angry response, or messages that are repeated over and over.
- Contain advertising, campaigning, phishing, spam, or solicitations.
- Invade the privacy of others.
- Violate trademark or copyright laws or other laws.
- Exhibit behaviors inconsistent with CFA’s values.
We reserve the right to delete comment(s)/image(s) without notice that violate these guidelines. Repeated or egregious violations may result in a user being blocked.
Misrepresentation of yourself or others and violation of any of the community standards is grounds for being blocked from CFA’s social media platforms. We also reserve the right to remove anonymous posters from our social media.
While the posts of CFA are our own or are content that we feel would be of interest to our members and supporters, the opinions expressed on our page in comments are the personal opinions of the original writers and do not reflect the views of CFA nor can we confirm their accuracy. Also, the appearance of external links on this page does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of CFA.
Note: These guidelines are subject to change at the discretion of CFA. For more information about our organization, visit our website. If you have specific questions or concerns on social media policy or our social media pages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.