The CSU has hired Mercer Consulting to conduct a faculty salary study like one recently completed for non-faculty employees.
CFA members are encouraged to attend one of five focus group sessions in early November and provide feedback on pay and compensation. Faculty should have already received an email inviting them to participate in online forums. The focus groups will protect participants’ anonymity; please plan on attending only one meeting.
CFA member leaders are calling on faculty to participate to communicate their concerns about our broken salary system. Appropriate and fair faculty compensation needs to be a top budget priority for the CSU moving forward, unlike in years past.
As CFA and CSU reopens our contract next year, a strong participation, CFA Secretary and Fresno State professor Diane Blair said, demonstrates “our collective to commitment to improving our salary situation.”
Sessions are set for:
- Friday, November 4, 3 to 4 p.m. for non-instructional faculty: Calling all coaches, counselors, librarians!
- Monday, November 7, 2 to 3 p.m. for instructional faculty
- Tuesday, November 8, 4 to 5 p.m. for instructional faculty
- Wednesday, November 9, 10 to 11 a.m. for instructional faculty
- Thursday, November 10, 10 to 11 a.m. for instructional faculty
If non-instructional faculty cannot make it to the November 4 session, they can participate in other times. In preparation for the meetings, faculty can check their current salary status and view CFA’s salary schedule resources.