Faculty Rights Tip: A Review of the Term’s Tips
As the Fall 2021 term comes to a close and we look ahead toward another atypical term of teaching, coaching, and counseling in times of COVID-19, now is a good time to review the Faculty Rights Tips we have offered over the last few months.
Most are standard tips about the rights and protections that comprise our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), while others are specific to the historical moment we are living through, where COVID-19 has transformed the quality of our working lives in ways that continue to be uneven and unpredictable. Even in these times, our CBA – and the even better contract to come in 2022 that we are currently fighting for – remains a strong and vital tool in the protection of our rights, and in our pursuit of respect and justice.
The following links will take you to our Fall 2021 Faculty Rights Tips:
- Acquaint Yourself with Evaluation Criteria & Procedures, and Your Coronavirus-Related Specific Campus Agreements, August 27
- Safety, September 1
- Range Elevation for Lecturer Faculty – It Pays to Apply!, September 8
- What’s in Your PAF?, September 15
- Personal Holiday, September 22
- I Need a Union Rep!, September 29
- What Is HEERA?, October 6
- Concerted Activities in Article 9 of the CBA, October 13
- Our Right to Academic Freedom, October 20
- Peer Review Committees for Tenure-Line Hiring, October 27
- Writing Rebuttals to Evaluations, November 3
- Sabbatical Leaves, November 10
- Grievance Filing, November 17
- Emergency Leave, December 1
Want to learn more? Become active with your local CFA chapter Faculty Rights team. Find your representative here.
- Browse the faculty contract here.
- See an archive of Faculty Rights Tips.
- If you have questions about a faculty rights tip or would like to suggest a tip, please write us with the subject line “Faculty Rights Tip.”